Who can make a referral?
Referrals can come from anyone. This includes case managers, hosptial socail workers, other providers, family members, and physicians. People can be self-referred as well. An individual has to want to come to NITC to be served by our agency.
Does NITC accept on a court commitment?
Yes. However, NITC will not accept an individual who is court-ordered to NITC without the consumer's agreement to placement. Sometimes the court may order residential treatment, which the consumer may not agree with, and the consumer may choose to come to NITC because it is the best of their options.
How can referrals be made to NITC?
- Contact NITC at 641-424-8708 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide a general overview of the individual in need of service. Availability of beds and funding status can be discussed.
- Send a social history/psychiatric treatment history to Executive Director.
- Executive Director will review the history and contact you to ask further questions and to inform you if the individual is likely to be suitable for NITC's services.
- A pre-placement interview will take place.
- Upon completion of the interview, the potential consumer will let Executive Director know if she/he would like to receive services from NITC, and Executive Director will let the consumer know if she/he has been accepted.
- An admission date will be agreed upon between the consumer and NITC.